- Laundry started. I will now start playing my new game and promptly forget all about it. 08:39:33, 2014-02-24
- Might as well go make myself more coffee. Looks like this game is going to take forever to install. 08:44:42, 2014-02-24
- It's true! Really! http://t.co/4cEKBmlZlT 09:04:14, 2014-02-24
- Today's radio silence brought to you by the letters D and A and the number 2. As it turns out, I rather like playing Dragon Age 2. LOL! 19:49:20, 2014-02-24
- Time for my Lox Benedict! (@ Opal Divine's Marina – @opaldmarina w/ 4 others) [pic]: http://t.co/jIa6Qse5Fn 14:11:18, 2014-02-23
- I am wearing sandals. I declare it spring! 14:13:58, 2014-02-23
- Monthly visit with the motherboards. LOL! (@ Fry's Electronics) [pic]: http://t.co/75aZNjRG2C 15:07:30, 2014-02-23
- Preowned Dragon Age II for PS3 for $13. Yes or no? Will I like it? 15:33:09, 2014-02-23
- Crowd sourcing failed to make my mind up for me, so I decided to buy the game. http://t.co/5B0LZftgxn 16:12:51, 2014-02-23
- How many YouTube videos reviews of computer hardware can one man watch on a Sunday? I'll let you know tomorrow when he's stopped. >:[ 20:55:03, 2014-02-23
- Why do people always have to be so damn negative?! Why always look for bad things to say? I just don't get it. 00:45:27, 2014-02-22
- Instead of reading tonight, I spent far too much time organizing my ebooks into collections. Maybe tomorrow I will read! 01:01:49, 2014-02-22
- On page 66 of 316 of Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer http://t.co/3hNt0RGlUX 14:26:55, 2014-02-22
- On page 139 of 316 of Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer: The war gaming servers have been down, so getting some reading… http://t.co/iNJd01Bjsi 23:41:59, 2014-02-22
Have had some busy days lately! Also some very, very lazy ones.
On Valentine's Day, I was spoiled with not one but two boxes of chocolates, as well as a hilarious card and a giant bundle of flowers. It's like my husband loves me or something! We didn't go out to eat, because the restaurants are all insane on that day. We're old and lazy, so we ordered Italian delivery. I think I already posted a photo of the flowers, but I'm going to post it again, because they were so lovely.
The next day was ballet night! The weather was lovely, so I actually bothered to get dressed up. The show was called The Glass Project. Music by Phillip Glass and choreography by Stephen Mills. Very contemporary and very awesome. If I knew how to describe it better I would. You just had to be there and see it for yourself. I love Ballet Austin, especially when they are doing contemporary pieces.
Sunday was mostly lazy. Had to recuperate from Saturday night! I may or may not have had too much to drink. My lips are sealed on that matter! After a day of lounging around the house snoozing and snacking, Lin and I went out to have dinner with one of my longtime Livejournal friends Jeff! We've known each other for ages, but we'd never met in person, what with him being all the way out in California and me being here in Texas. He was in town to run the marathon (because he's one of those crazy people who do things like that), so we finally got to see each other in the flesh! He's TALL! He's also just as awesome in person as he is online. It was so fabulous getting to see him, and now I want to head out his way to check out his hometown!
Monday I tried to get caught up on the housework I'd been ignoring for three days, but I failed miserably. I had a bad case of the lazies. I did get on a cleaning roll on Tuesday, and Wednesday I started clearing clutter and junk out of the Box Room. I managed to fill the trash can and the recycling bin! I'm getting good at throwing things out. Also on Wednesday, my war gaming friends and I called it a day on having our own alliance and joined up with a much MUCH larger one. I was a little sad to see our alliance go, but it's nice being in a powerful alliance and not being set on fire all the time. It's also nice not being in charge. I may actually be able to reclaim some of my real life now. War gaming is a major time sink!
Thursday was my birthday! I slept in for the first time in a long time, and then I spent the day sitting around watching TV and waiting for UPS to bring my box of presents. I waited a long time. They came very late, but they did eventually arrive! This year's most awesome birthday present is a tie between the shiny new Kindle Paperwhite (finally a Kindle!) and the also shiny new Baratza coffee grinder. I just used the new coffee grinder a couple hours ago, and it's a dream to use. A thousand times better than any coffee grinder I have ever owned, as it should be seeing as it is also by FAR the most expensive grinder I have ever used. Totally worth every penny though. Just look at it's loveliness…
Of course Myu had to rub all over it, because it didn't have any cat fur on it yet and it's black. Anything lack belongs to her, don't you know. LOL!
Lin came home with all manner of goodies for dinner. Chips, dips, sushi, a giant cheesecake, adult beverages. We had quite the party in the living room. After he fell asleep, I spent a little while hanging out with my war gaming friends, and then I finally passed out from fatigue. Hey, I'm old, and I've had a busy week!
Today, I overslept. I meant to get up, but apparently I didn't hear any of the four alarms I set last night. The upside is that it felt good to get some sleep. The downside is that I didn't get up in time to check my grocery order for Saturday and will now have to eat turnips and kale. Oh well, I guess that's a fitting punishment. I'll survive. Might even do me some good. I really hate turnips though.
And right now, I need to get up off the couch and go do more housework if I'm ever going to catch up! Especially the dishes. All the plates are dirty. Bad Orb, bad!
- Slept in, crawled out of bed, logged into war game and my city wasn't on fire. That's a great start to the day! 14:57:58, 2014-02-20
- My Amazon boxes of awesome stuff has at arrived! I almost couldn't carry them. How heavy is my new coffee grinder?! 18:55:47, 2014-02-20
- Oh, the second box was my cat food subscription 6 days early. No wonder it was so heavy. LOL! 18:57:54, 2014-02-20
- Tora thinks she's being sneaky, but Myu is fully aware she's being stalked. LOL! http://t.co/ktU1c19voX 11:58:33, 2014-02-18
- For the first time I have ever seen in a decade of living here, a street sweeper just went down our street. 12:11:48, 2014-02-18
- I have been denied the nap I've wanted all day today, but now I'm just going to DO IT! Zzz… 14:50:14, 2014-02-18
- Best nap ever, especially the part where I hit the snooze button for an hour. 17:26:48, 2014-02-18
- Tonight there shall be homemade pizza! Mostly because I totally forgot to get anything out of the freezer. LOL! 19:33:35, 2014-02-18
- Pepperoni, ham, onions, green olives, mushrooms, feta and a variety of cheeses. http://t.co/w68uYE7tmW 20:30:08, 2014-02-18